ContentsBack to Careers
Full time, Permanent
Shore is a consulting firm servicing a key niche: the public sector. Our main clients include Ontario ministries and broader public sector agencies. Our work varies from IT strategy and software development to organizational management consulting. In all areas, preparing high quality business proposals is at the core of our business. We are looking for a confident, top-notch writer to take ownership of proposal and technical writing, while setting the bar for outstanding communications.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for managing and leading the development of business proposals and other documentation as required by Shore and Shore’s clients. You will work closely with other Shore staff (including technical staff), the director, and Shore’s clients and consultants to complete these responsibilities. This role is demanding and diverse, involving:
- Assess RFx for compatibility with corporate offerings, requirements, challenges/obstacles, and determine appropriateness of responding.
- Lead proposal development by writing, editing, coordinating, designing, and submitting the company’s proposals to Shore’s government and private sector clients.
- Delegate writing tasks and coordinate activities of multiple contributors.
- Consolidate materials from multiple contributors (including technical personnel), ensuring consistent voice and style.
- Assist in writing and editing other documentation as required, including project documentation and deliverables, as well as professional correspondence and online materials.
- Manage proposal development timelines to ensure strict deadlines are met. Ensure that all proposals meet individual clients’ requirements for evaluation.
- Apply company styles, visual formatting, design elements, and branding to all outgoing documentation.
- Build company reputation as the consultants of choice, through delivery of consistent, high quality communications.
- Maintain standards compliance and best practices.
- Other duties as required.
- Superior written communications skills, with the ability to absorb technical information and present it in a clear, concise manner.
- The ability to analyze requirements, spot potential issues and gaps, and address those gaps to create a winning response.
- Self-starter mentality with a thirst for new knowledge
- Previous proofreading and copyediting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, including creating, managing, and applying visual styles and templates.
- Quick learner and self-starter who is able to work with little day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Technical (IT) knowledge is considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education (mandatory).
Qualified candidates should send their resume with a concise cover letter that will serve as a preliminary example of their writing skill. Please note that submission of further writing samples and/or completion of a written test will be an important part of the interview process should you be selected.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com.