ContentsBack to Careers
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Full time, Permanent
Shore is an IT and strategy consulting firm focusing on innovation in the public sector. We deliver services and tools that advance public sector organizations and the services they provide.
The Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer would join our core team of developers and contribute to the design and development of internal and client-facing applications.
Shore’s working environment is flexible, collaborative, and down to earth. We work hard and deliver exceptional quality, but don’t take ourselves too seriously in doing so.
Product: Internally developed web applications, such as a learning management system for the education sector. Our developers also work on client-side applications in the public sector.
What it’s like to work at Shore:
- Flexible culture and working environment
- Opportunities to learn and advance
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Be encouraged to bring your own ideas forward
- 2+ Years of Experience with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ Years with front-end technologies (Webpack, VueJs/React/Angular)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with RDBMS (Postgresql preferred)
- Experience with Redis
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Proficient with Git
- Keen eye for UI/UX design
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with other languages and web frameworks such as django (Python), (Spring Framework) Java, Sinatra (Ruby)
- Some understanding of DevOps practices with a willingness to get your hands dirty with day to day devops. Working with GitLab CI, Chef, docker
What your day would look like:
- Involvement in architecting, developing, reviewing, and testing new features for internal and client-based projects
- Primary focus on our main application developed using Ruby on Rails and VueJS
- Interaction with clients as part of the development team where necessary
- Option to attend team-building events (dinner/drinks, game nights, the occasional trip around Toronto)
- Flexible work environment (i.e. flex hours)
- Semi-frequent “do what you want” Fridays, where you can initiate or work on other Shore projects of your choice.
- Over time, you would ramp up involvement with general office and server infrastructure maintenance
We provide a competitive salary and full benefits. Along with your resume, please send a cover letter clearly indicating why you’re a great fit and examples of your work or portfolio (if possible). Prior to an interview, selected applicants will receive an assessment of your development skills.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com